Guide for NETGEAR Genie Setup
The NETGEAR Genie Setup Wizard is an interface for the installation of the extender device. You can access this installation or setup wizard through any of your internet web browsers on any network device like computer or laptop etc. But Make sure that your device is connected to a running and active internet connection. Once you are through with the installation of your device, connect it to the new extended internet network, and enjoy the fast internet connectivity everywhere and in every corner you want.
NETGEAR Genie Smart Setup – How to get connected?
When you connect your extender to the internet network and then open up your internet web browser window. It will automatically direct you to the NETGEAR genie smart setup page. But sometimes, it doesn’t. This means, when you launch your internet web browser, it opens nothing but only a new window.
If this is what happening to you or you are facing a similar situation on your end, you should know that there is no need to get worried about it or trouble yourself for anything. It is a very common problem experienced by a lot of users around the globe. So, in this scenario, you need to manually enter the default mywifiext.net webpage address in the URL bar. But you should double-check the address for any typo mistake as it could lead you to an invalid page or give you a page error like “webpage not available”. Once you are done with it, hit the enter key. Now you will see the page with the NETGEAR Genie smart setup wizard on it to get started with the installation.
When you are connected with the setup wizard, it will give you the screen just as we have mentioned below, so, just follow the steps listed below to proceed.
- Connect to the NETGEAR_ext wireless network name or SSID.
- Now, the NETGEAR Genie will display a list of available wifi networks within the device range.
- Choose the network name or SSID that you want to extend and click on the continue button.
- In case there is any security activated for that wireless network name then you need to enter the password to work it around.
- If you have a dual-band router, you need to choose the 5GHz WiFi Network settings and hit continue.
- The time your extender starts connecting with the existing router, you will be prompted to change the wireless settings of your extender.
- In case, you don’t feel like changing the extender settings, leave every setting the way they are, and click the continue button.
- Now you will get to see a new screen, when you see it, it means your pc has disconnected itself from the wireless network.
- Double-check the settings to make sure that your devices are connected properly to the network.
- Now, connect your device to the extender wireless network once again.
- Finally, click on the finish button to close the genie setup page and get out of the wizard screen.
If you have got any issues while following through the entire article, you are advised to contact our experts to help you with your problems related to the NETGEAR Genie setup wizard.
Are NETGEAR Genie VS NETGEAR Genie Smart Setup Wizard the same?
Well, the answer to this query of yours is quite ‘no’. The NETGEAR Genie is a web application that is used to manage your WiFi network through the admin interface. Whereas, the setup wizard is an instant way to set up your WiFi Range extender device.
Let’s talk about the NETGEAR genie app, it helps you to control, monitor, and handle your home and workplace wireless network with a few clicks on any network device. This app is available for all kinds of platforms such as Windows, Linux, Mac, Android, and iOS, just need to have an internet web browser to access it. With its desktop application, even a non-tech person can use access this application and manage the network from customizing the network settings like changing SSID or password to disabling unauthenticated users with ease.
Once you have downloaded the NETGEAR Genie App, you can stream and share all of your videos or music files, set up any parental controls, check and troubleshoot any kind of network-related problem. Not only that but also you can do so many tasks from your device admin interface, some of them are listed below:
- Know about your computer downloading speed to download content from a website.
- Know about the number of devices connected to your network through the network map.
- Run a speed test for the internet broadband network.
- Create a guest internet network for your friends and other family members.
- Change or view the current WiFi Setting of your internet router.
- Set up the parental control from your admin interface main screen.
- Have access to other major tools such as DNS Lookup, traceroute, ping, and computer or device profile.
This is all about the NETGEAR Genie Application. So, what is taking you long? If you are done thinking, download the application today and get started with it. Start managing your network on your own with any hurdle. If you are facing any issue while downloading the application or while using it, you can always get in touch with our expert technicians.
Now, let’s get to know about the NETGEAR Genie setup wizard, about how to use it, and what are issues one could face with it.
I can’t access my NETGEAR Genie Smart Setup Wizard?
If you are facing issues while trying to access your NETGEAR genie smart wizard, then no need to worry. It’s just a common issue and all you have to do is follow the instructions below to troubleshoot this problem.
- Make sure of your extender that it is connected to the active WiFi Internet network.
- Delete all the cookies, cache memory, and temporary files from your Internet web browser that you are using.
- Now, check if your computer or device's internet connection is off or on.
- Enter the default login webpage address in the URL bar only and not in the search bar of the search engine.
- Try using another web internet browser, if it doesn’t work.
- Reboot or restart the extender and router once.
- Check if the firmware version of your WiFi extender is up to date or not. If it is not up to date, update it and upgrade it right away.
- Try resetting your extender device to its default factory settings.
Why my NETGEAR Genie is not working? How to fix it?
There are chances when a user could not be able to fix the NETGEAR Genie because of various reasons, even though the user has done everything mentioned in our help guide. In this case, you should contact us to fix your issues with the product. Our well-experienced technicians are here to help. Dial our toll-free number +1-855-948-3884. We will help you troubleshoot your NETGEAR Genie not working issues instantly.
- Hidden methods to fix your NETGEAR Extender Red Light Issue
- Solved: NETGEAR Genie Continues to Appear Even After Installing the Extender
- Did I place my NETGEAR Wi-Fi Range Extender in the right place?
- Solved: Unable to access the default IP Address 192.168.1.250 | NETGEAR Extender
- NETGEAR EX2800 Extender Setup – The Ultimate Guide for Beginners
- Outstanding growth in Wi-Fi Range Extenders Marketplace in 2020, Expert Report Suggests!
- Solved: Internet Connection Issue with NETGEAR Extender
- Why my NETGEAR Wi-Fi Extender is not connecting to the Router?
- Solved: iPhone is not connective to Wi-Fi of NETGEAR Extender’s Network
- The Ultimate NETGEAR AC1200 Wi-Fi Range Extender Setup Guide
Disclaimer: mywifiextl.com is an independent service and tech support provider for a large range of third-party products, services, and brands. Any use of trademarks, logos, brands, products, images, names is for reference purposes. Mywifiextl.com, hereby disclaims any affiliation and association, whether indirect or direct, representation in any form with any of such brands, products, or services. Our services are provided only on the requestor demand by product users or our customers.